Sunday, July 14, 2013

BVI Saturday

-up super early again for the salt pond
-up at 5 to be there by six, had my energy booster peanut butter and a banana for breakfast
-left and walked out to the salt pond
-was very clay like, and like walking through clay like playdoh
-very smelly, saw a skeleton of a flamingo, which we saw a few love ones from a distance(!!!) as well as an old carcass of a wild calf
-some parts looked like the classic cracked soil with water over it but it looked like the Lion King's badlands mixed with the watering hole(the water) 
-my sandals got caught in the muck and so I had to go barefoot, then pull them out and continue
-then we put out hiking shoes on and headed out the find the old camera traps
-we each took turns using the GPS to find all the cameras as we trekked through the hellish forest filled with cactus, thorn bushes and trees, and Christmas tree bush which is alot like poison ivy
-it took us till about 12 and I was scratched and bruised all over my legs and arms
-Abby got over heated so I have her some of my water and Jessica had to stop for a bit too;I was proud of myself that I didn't !! I carried Abby's bag and camera for her
-Croix used my knife to cut the zip ties so it came in use!
-saw a female in the forest area and even better when Kelly threw her grapes 
-we found all the cameras and brought them back
-we all went to the ocean to cool off. I went in my clothes since they were so dirty anyway
-went back to the hotel and ate a cheese and sprouts sandwich , Doritos, and an apple and oj
-slept for 20mins
-went back out at 3 to bait and set new camera traps
-my partner Abby and I were the last ones to set with Kelly 
-we came back then and Kelly got us all a drink
-I had a jungle juice but only about 1/3 because I was hungry and on an empty stomach
-showered, then ate dinner of a pizza veggie burger and rice with veggies and lemon pepper
-talked about music tastes, waited to learn the computer system for going over data
-saw part of Made in Manhattan and some bike delivery thing with Joseph Gordon Lovett 
-went to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment