Wednesday, July 17, 2013

BVI Monday

-up at 5:15 to leave by 6
-ate my energy plus peanut butter in room and packed a cheese, mayo, mustard, and sprouts sandwich for lunch
-headed out to the camera traps where nothing ate our bait really but ants
-we went then to the head start facility where the juvenile iguanas are raised until old enough to be released and not have a cat be a threat
-there, Kelly and Jessi put each one into a pillowcase in its cage
-Lauren then brought one over, Connor M. scanned for the pit tag, Erika weighed the iguana in the case and it separately, then Kelly tool nose to vent length and tail length with me or Connor I, or Myles, or Croix helping. We then grabbed the iguana once Kelly out back in and tied it back and put in cage after Abby put the tape on the case with pit tag number and weight and all this info was recorded by Paige on computer, and Jessica by hand. Jessi and Haley cleaned dishes and gave them water. Then I grated carrots as a part of the dinner Jessi was preparing. Then I helped to release them in my way, by grabbing it and then inverting the pillowcase
-we went back to bait our traps and we heard an iguana run away from our first trap, and our last trap, everything was eaten
-then we went to Big Bamboo beach, went to the gift shop, we swam, looked for shells, snorkeled, which was crazy with the current pushing you but saw some cool fish, and Abby and I made a sand iguana
-then we shared stories and I got sun burns on my legs :(
-it started to rain when we left so we turned back and waited it out a bit
-we started dinner and I made my fajitas
-then we played never have I ever outside where I was second to last out 
-tried coke with a little Malibu coconut rum 
-then we played the dice game Farkle where Myles ridiculously won every time when he did some crazy action and made noises 
-Abby, Croix, Jessica and I stayed up a bit more and talked before we all went to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment